Sunday, March 8, 2009

what do you want for your birthday?

That question is starting to come up quite frequently - probably because my birthday is in...14 days (yeah I totally just counted). I'm going to be 22. I'm a bit excited. Anyway, back on point - I do not know what I would like for my birthday. I mean I don't really need cds, though books are always good. A friend of mine suggested asking for an external hard drive which is smart but I don't really want one - I mean I don't think I need one. And for all that I would like, like an ipod touch or a blackberry - no definitely a blackberry, I don't need one. I have a working phone and a working ipod. You see my problem? I don't really need anything.

What I would really like you can't really buy me. I mean I would like a career in Kingston. A place to live in Kingston, and money. Alright, yeah yeah technically you can give me money. You're missing the point.

*contemplating*

Alright one thing I would like I have to admit is a shopping trip to get some new clothes since I haven't gone shopping since like err...last summer. And technically my housemates are going to get me a pair of lululemon pants since I asked for those - I can't justify buying them, they're expensive.

sry this is a completely materialistic post. But it's weird. This year I can't decide what I want (in life/from life). I mean I always know what I want. Always. And this year I've been having some difficulty in deciding. I'm pretty sure God or fate is having a slight chuckle at my expense at the moment lol.

4 comments:

  1. Birthdays are not for things that you need. My parents always said that's stuff that you'll buy for yourself anyway. You're supposed to ask for stuff you don't need but want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah but I dunno what I want really either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could ask for money so you can come with us on our grad trip! Tentatively penciled into the first week of May!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could see your face when you get the shirts I bought you... I want to see pictures with you wearing them!!

    ReplyDelete