Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Awake but Dreaming

I will never understand those who go to bed early. I mean I understand when you're so exhausted that you just need to sleep no matter what time it is. But the night is the best time I find. There's something about it that just appeals to me. So much more appealing than bedtime.

I just finished watching like 3 episodes of Dark Angel (yeah yeah mock my tv choice) and even though it's almost 1 am I find myself not really tired. Actually I'm a bit bored. Did you know there is basically no one to talk to at about 1 am? Is everyone seriously sleeping?

Alot of the time I find that I wish I didn't need to sleep as much as I do. Of course there are good moments when thinking of sleep - like curling up in blankets and not being cold anymore (yeah you guessed it that's a big one for me) or waking up and then realizing that you don't have to go and do anything but can stay in bed for as long as you want. Those are awesome moments. But think of all the cool things that you could do with all of the time that you spend sleeping. I totally understand the sentiment that you can sleep when you're dead.

I think another reason I'm not in the biggest rush to get to bed is that last night I had this creepy dream that I got assaulted. Then I was in the hospital and I called literally everyone I knew in Kingston and there was no answer from anyone. And I got embarrassed in front of the police officer who thought it was slightly pathetic that I couldn't reach anyone to come to the hospital to see me.
Because of that dream I was not in a chipper headspace this morning let me tell you. And then I walked outside and it was damn cold. I mean cold cold. Where the heck is spring? That's what I want to know.

Alright that's my 1 am rant. I think I might go and watch another episode of Dark Angel...hey what else is a girl to do when she's bored at this time in the morning?

4 comments:

  1. Um, maybe if you got more sleep you'd stop getting creepy dreams. That's probably an urban legend, but I heard that one somewhere.

    I do know how you feel, though, minus the fact that I went to bed early Sun night (I was exhausted). I don't want to go to bed because I feel that there's other stuff I could be doing. I used to just go to bed anyway, though. I think that's often best.

    Sorry that sounded stupid. I feel sick right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ended up going to bed at 2 and then waking up at like 11:30. What you said didn't sound stupid at all :) I'm sry that you're still feeling sick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was supposed to be "Sorry if that sounded stupid." There'd have been a comma otherwise, you see. Either, I omitted something. Figures.

    ReplyDelete