Saturday, February 28, 2009

Exhaustively Drunk

So this week has been a crazy academic week and thus sleep has not really come. This week I've either woken up every hour or woken up about 5 times per night. (Waking up 5 times per night was the better of the sleeping patterns this week). Add on top of my basically little sleep for 4 nights, classes, work, and studying for a midterm for 15 hours over 2 days and you get Cait with a fried brain.

Now I remember everything that we did last night but I was at the point that I was so exhausted that it appeared that I was drunk. I don't think I was walking all to straight, I kept closing my eyes and leaning on things and of course saying things that were ridiculous and I really should have just been keeping my mouth shut.

For instance two of my friends were talking about a girl that they both knew. One of my friends thought that she was really pretty, and friend1 asked friend2 if she thought she was pretty. friend2 had this long paused I jumped in with "that means she's UGGGGGGGGGGG-LLLLLYYYYY" and then I banged my starbucks cup onto the table.

That was just the warm up. At this point we were at a friends house. Then we went out. My housemate and I to get food and the boys to drink. The way there I told one of the boys that i was mad at me - but said so after interrupting a conversation that they were having that had nothing to do with me - and then went on to explain why i was mad at him in really long drawn out sentences that really didn't make much sense i'm sure.

My housemate totally took care of me - aka making sure that i didn't get hit by a car and telling me which way to go. And also putting up with all of the ridiculous things that I was saying.

Anyway, we (my housemate and I) got food - poutine and Vietnamese (we shared poutine and each got our own Vietnamese) and then we came home and I ended up going to bed around 9:30 or 9:45 pm. and woke up at about 11 am this morning.

Before I went to bed I called my mom who said I sounded really out of it when I called her again this morning to let her know that I was alive and well and that I had slept. And then a friend of mine called and a friend of mine's mother called too and they both woke me up, but I have no idea what I said to them.

I'm not doing any school work today. My brain still hurts a bit and I'm still a bit tired lol. A couple of us are going rock climbing soon, which is going to fun. Even if it's -15 outside and we have to walk there. Don't worry I promise I'll behave and not get tied up in ropes or anything.

So uh Cait's life lesson of the day: sleep is an extremely good idea.

5 comments:

  1. Sorry bout my mom calling last night. She couldn't get a hold of me nor Drew and she was getting concerned.

    ...and poutine and Vietnamese? Dude that is so gross. Talk about clash of the flavours.


    Desiree is in heat and currently propositioning Jeff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this must have been awkward at the time but the "ugly" proclamation followed by the cup banging sounds like it would have been hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had been there for all of this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol the Ugly comment was rather hilarious. See who needs to be drunk? there are plenty of other ways to fry your brain lol.
    And we ate poutine while waiting for our Vietnamese food. It was really good.

    Sry that you missed it House Famous. I also sadly will not be putting on a repeat performance - well at least not until April. You never know with exams.

    ReplyDelete