Thursday, February 19, 2009

the crazy to do

I realize that it's been a week since my last post - and I feel the need to post, the problem is that I really have nothing interesting to say.

Right now it's reading week, and I got back to Kingston on Tuesday night after spending a couple of days in Toronto with my family. I also got all of my passport stuff handed in and I found out that on the way back from New Zealand we're stopping in Hawaii for 3 days. Isn't that sweet?! I'm really stoked.

At the moment I'm sitting on my couch in Kingston with a cup of tea and a ton of books and readings that of course have to be read for next week. Why is that there is always so much more to do than you have time for? How does this happen? And even when you get things done - such as the chapter of psych that I just finished reading or half of my Russian history readings, the feeling of accomplishment is fleeting because there are still 3 more chapters of psych, more Russian history, and a novel to read for Vic lit, to list but a few things.

Is this how life is always going to be? More than you have time for? And why is that the important things get shafted for the other things that aren't as important but necessary to do? How do you get everything all done?

The plan of attack at the moment is drink a lot of caffeine, bunker down, plow through readings, and slowly cross things off of the to-do list.

Sad but true: I love crossing things off a to-do list.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, my Reading Week has also been less productive than possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that university isn't like normal life, otherwise I will be overworked and under gratified for 8 months of the year for the rest of my life. Sometimes we bite off more than we can chew but I don't think it always has to be like that. Good luck with your pile of readings.

    ReplyDelete