Friday, July 31, 2009

the cooking rant

I hate to cook.

I don't mean hate to cook as in oh it's so annoying. No. I hate to cook. There is NOTHING relaxing or enjoyable about cooking. I mean you have to time everything so that everything is done at the same time, you have to chop and cut and dice and mince and have hot oil spluttering in a pan. You need to make sure nothing ever boils over, or gets burned or most importantly that nothing catches on fire or blows up (I like having 2 eyebrows). Then you need spices and seasoning (not that I can ever taste them), presentation on a plate. And then of course there are the dishes.

What exactly is enjoyable about cooking? The food afterwards? Not really. I don't love food that much.

5 comments:

  1. i'll make sure that my next one is a happy one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Post about how you saw Jon Wong! That's a happy one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cooking is about creating, and sharing. I hate to cook for myself, but love to cook for others.

    Prepwork is helpful, and the timing is difficult until you earn some experience.

    ReplyDelete