Monday, July 13, 2009

x-rays and updates and thoughts


I don't really have anything creative to say in the post so I think I might just give an update about me.

I got x-rays today because my foot has been swollen and sore for 2 and a half weeks and I finally decided to go in and see the doc about it. I have to go back in a week to see what the x-rays say. That I have to admit was the most unordinary thing that happened in my day today.

I'm playing this old-school game that I can't remember the name of on my computer and I think I'm doing pretty good. The problem is that I'm not quite sure where I'm suppose to go next. And I think I might have missed something in the Cathedral.

I'm reading this book called Naamah's Kiss. It's the 7th book in this series by Jacqueline Carey and it's completely wicked. I only have about 100 pages left so I'm going to finish it tonight.

I've started writing my chapter 3 but it's slow going because in this chapter I have to create the entire history the world that I have created and also the customs and beliefs of different races. Don't get me wrong I'll do it and it'll be awesome it's just going to take a bit until I can get everything straightened out in my head.

I have homework to do for teacher's college that hasn't started yet I might add, and while I have bought the book (step one), I haven't actually started reading it yet (step two lol)

I'm looking at changing the world during the month of August and the rest of July and I need some ideas. I basically need a project...I'll keep you posted on this line of thought

7 comments:

  1. God, W T F. Seriously, who assigns readings BEFORE the school year starts? Is it not bad enough that we start school a week earlier than everyone else? But that we have readings to accomplish BEFORE our early start? I say again: W T F

    ReplyDelete
  2. Worldbuilding! Yay! I do this all the time!
    Hmm.
    Shall I write a post on world-building some time? I can, and will. But if you want me to butt out, I can do that, too. It would be harder, but possible nonetheless.

    Is that your foot?

    Homework. What an alien concept.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We start 2 weeks before everyone else Jon. Classes don't start for undergrads until Sept. 14th.
    I really have to start reading that hw book, but a little part of me dies inside everytime i look at it.

    you should def write a post about worldbuilding Christian. I would be very interested in reading it.
    And no that's not my foot. It would be wicked if it was though.

    I wonder if i'll get to see my own x-rays...that would be really cool

    ReplyDelete
  4. No we don't. We start class on Thursday the 3rd but we get Labour Day off. In total, we have 6 days of class before other people start. That's a week and a day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it says that we have to be in the Aud on Sept 1 at 9 am

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's the Ed equivalent of Frosh Week. Except it's Frosh-2-days.

    ReplyDelete