Friday, November 20, 2009

a wee little update


1. I'm currently listening to Boy with a Coin by Iron and Wine. If you don't know the song go youtube it right now.

2. The second block of practicum starts on Monday. I'm excited but not, (and I don't care if that doesn't make sense, it does to me).

3. My students are reading the book Night, which means that I need to have it read for Monday. It's only 120 pages, but it's a Holocaust memoir. It's going to take me some time.

4. I finished reading Esther last night. I've read it before, but I'm currently borrowing the Message version of the Bible from a friend, and so it's a bit different, but I'm liking the Message version at the moment.

5. My housemate is having a party at our place tonight.

6. I created a kick ass field trip to L'Anse aux Meadows (and if you don't know what that is, you definitely need to google it. Go on. Right now.) which I have to hand in at 3 today for my history curriculum class.

7. I started playing the ps3 game, LittleBigPlanet, which I totally love.

8. I think I might read Joshua next.

9. I can hear the wind howling outside. I like the sound. But I don't like that in just under an hour I have to go outside.

10. How much of a problem do you think it is that I'm addicted to tea?

4 comments:

  1. Oh man, Iron & Wine is sooooo good. If you have not already heard Each Coming Night, you should do so immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "My students are reading the book Night, which means that I need to have it read for Monday. It's only 120 pages, but it's a Holocaust memoir. It's going to take me some time." This is a good book. Brutal, but good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually finished it yesterday. It didn't take me nearly as long to read as I thought it would. It was very good. Brutal, you're right. Horrifying. But definitely a story that needs telling, and needs remembering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. POSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOST

    ReplyDelete