Thursday, March 25, 2010

the time has come

"The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things:
Of shoes and ships and sealing wax
Of cabbages and kings
And why the sea is boiling hot
And whether pigs have wings"

-The Walrus and the Carpenter
Lewis Carroll

1. I love this poem, and this is my favourite stanza in it

2. I am also totally and completely enjoying my 4th and final practicum. I'm working with kids who have been suspended and expelled from school.

3. The gaping holes in my mouth are healing quite decently.

4. Since last night I've been feeling quite shitty so I hope that a good night sleep tonight will make me feel loads better tomorrow.

5. I just finished reading a book called The Well of Lost Plots by Jasper Fforde. It's part of a series and the first one is called The Eyre Affair. They're quite entertaining.

6. I just started reading Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead by Tom Stoppard, which I feel is very much along the same lines as Waiting for Godot in the sense that it's an absurdist play. It's interesting so far though.

7. I actually have a ton of books to read right now. On my birthday as a gift to myself I bought 5.5 books. The .5 was a tiny pocket Robert Munsch book called I Have To Go. My favourite Robert Munsch book however is The Paper Bag Princess. I also have two books out from the library...

8. I slightly dislike facebook.

9. I had Starbucks with a couple of friends tonight. It was really good to see them and catch up. We decided that this summer we are going to start a book club. The first book that we're going to be reading is Three Cups of Tea because we all want to read it but we haven't had time to yet.

10. This is the second time that I'm writing out this post because the blog went weird and it posted but the post didn't actually show up. Copying and pasting didn't work either. If it doesn't work this time I will not be impressed what so ever.

7 comments:

  1. My blogroll printed all four hundred failed attempts at posting this though.

    Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 11. When I was living in Germany I loved to eat döner kebabs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are brilliant!

    (Sorry for semi-hijacking your post. Only reason I mentioned it is because I read some news item about döner kebabs right before posting the comment.)

    They're kind of like a "donair" according to wikipedia. I'd say more like a shawarma pita. I don't think a donair or a shawarma are really the same, though. It has been a number of years since I've had a proper donair in Halifax, but I plan to go there this summer so I will try it again.


    And you know what's exciting? Easter is in one week! I mean, it's kind of a sad memory (can you say memory if you weren't there?) at first but then it's totally amazing. It's a great reminder and time to appreciate what has been done for us.


    Oh, and another random tangent: I cut my fingernails this morning but I think I cut them too short because the tips of my fingers are a little sore when I touch things directly with the tip. I think I'm just hyper. Maybe I had some coffee tonight. Sorry.

    Also, I added a link to your blog from my blog at ryanjallen.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for adding the link to you blog!

    Easter is now upon us (sry for the late reply)

    I hope that you're having a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete