Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Cliched Year of Discovery

I have always had a plan.

Whether it was in grade school when I wanted to be a doctor, in high school when I wanted to be a professor, in university when I (thought) I wanted to be a teacher, I have always had a plan. The plan may change frequently, but a plan has always existed. I always had a direction I wanted to take and the ambition, drive and follow through to get there.

A problem has arisen however.

I don't want to be a doctor, a professor or a teacher.

What do I want to do? or be?

No idea.

For the FIRST time in my LIFE I don't know what I want to do. I don't have a plan. I don't know which direction to head in and because of that I now have no ambition or drive to get there (wherever there may be).

This is a problem.

Thus, begins my cliched year of discovery. I am taking the year to just work and figure out/sort out what I want to do.

So far I am learning all sorts of new things - budgeting being the big one so far.

Stayed tuned. The year is definitely going to be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment