Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Adventure Begins

Crazyness. Slight Mayhem. Ordered Chaos.

That has been the last 48 hours of my life - well the lives of 5 people actually, since I now have 4 new housemates.

It really all fully and completely started on Wednesday at 2:12 pm. 2:12 is the time that I finished teacher's college. Who was excited? Actually...I still am excited that I'm done. But, Wednesday 2:12 was the time that one thing ended and another began.

When I got home on Wednesday I celebrated with some friends because hey, I just finished teacher's college. I am a teacher. I am responsible for teaching new generations of children. What did we do to celebrate? Watch game 7 of the Montreal and Washington hockey game. It was so awesome when Montreal trounced them.

Thursday, was the day of mad packing because I was moving. I was tripping over boxes, the apt was a mess, my previous housemate was moving out as well, it was crazy. By the time that Thursday night rolled around I was packed, and the apt was mostly cleaned.

Friday was Go Time. I woke up around 7 am I was finished cleaning the apt by 10 am.

Major Problem: I had to be out of my apt by 2 pm on Friday but we didn't get the moving truck until 6 pm Friday.

Solution: My new housemates have 2 vans between them and to everyone's surprise everything I own fit into the 2 vans.

We started moving into our new apt around 2:30 on Friday. By 6 pm we were back at 2 of my new housemate's old apt moving all of their furniture into the moving van that we now had.

New problem with the moving van: There was confusion regarding it so we could only have the moving van until 10:30 am - we are currently living on top of a hardware store and so the store wasn't opened until 9 am and they have an elevator that we were going to use for the big furniture.

Solution: Load the truck at night with everyone's stuff. Saturday morning get to the apt early and just unload it onto the loading bay so we can return the truck.

The last piece of our stuff got up to the apt around 3 pm on Saturday - just before it started to POUR rain.

We are now all moved in :)

The next step for us is to CLEAN because the last people who lived in our apt were apparently allergic to everything related to a cleaning product. Currently, one of the bathrooms is clean, and part of the kitchen.

Our landlord is also bringing in a guy to clean the carpets in 3 of our rooms on Monday so we can't get fully set up in those 3 rooms (one of which is my bedroom) until post Monday.

So, there is a slight amount of Mayhem kicking around our apt. Soon though, soon though we will be completely settled.

2 comments:

  1. Nicely done (re: school, and moving). What's next?

    And, 5 people in one apartment? Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next is the cliched "take a year off and find yourself" because I have no idea what I want to do lol

    ReplyDelete