Tuesday, August 25, 2009

the interview

The whole process basically started yesterday when I realized that I had a job interview today and still hadn't decided what I was going to wear. Since I was so tired yesterday it took me about 3 min flat to decide.

This morning I ironed. Bloody hell I hate ironing dress pants. I understand the concept of following the crease and ironing - but somehow one side ended up being more creased then the other originally and so I had to sit down and fix it.

The interview was for President's Choice Financial and I was meeting the woman at the Loblaws in the Kingston Centre. That means I take the number 1 bus or the number 4. Well, I get on the number 1 but it's the wrong number 1. It was the one that goes by the 401. So I realized that 1 stop in. Was like shit. Got off, walked back to the bus terminal thing, got on the right number 1. Made it to the Kingston Centre early because I was super early leaving incase something went wrong.

So I'm there, at the little pavillion thing/kiosk. No one's there. My thought = This. Is. Not. Good. At 2:30 (the time the interview was suppose to start) a girl comes back in from her break. She asks me who I am. I explain the situation. She gets on the phone with the woman who's suppose to interview me, who will now be called Woman1, then hands me the phone. My thought: FML.

Woman1 to me: we're meeting at the Midland one not the one at the Kingston Centre.
My thought: Nope. I wrote it down as you were telling me on the phone last week. I am totally at the right place.
Me to Woman1 (since I need the job): I'm so sorry. We were talking about the different kiosks locations and I guess we both got confused as to which one we were meeting at.
Woman1 to me: No problem. I'll come to you.

15 min later or so, Woman1 comes in. We go upstairs and start the interview. Part way through another woman comes in, now referred to as Woman2. We get through the interview. It actually goes fairly well.

The last problem: They hire on a contract basis, the shortest contract being 3 months. If my practicum isn't in Kingston for teacher's college then they can't hire me (cause we have the first one in October). Now I have to go and demand Queens Teachers College tell me where my practicum is.

Thus, the interview.

2 comments:

  1. I believe Jon Wong mentioned that you should fight for your honor and you told him that you were going to follow instructions and not contact the prac office.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing wrong with following instructions. It's hard to create pracs when everyone in highschool is on vacation during the summmer.
    Now that it's closer to the start of school however, maybe they'll have talk to someone by now :)

    ReplyDelete