Sunday, August 16, 2009

julie & julia

As you can probably guess from the title my friend Sabrina and I went to see the movie Julie & Julia today. The movie was really good. The one feeling that it left within me at the very end though was not that I would love to start cooking, but that I wish I would love to start cooking.

Watching Julia and Julie cook in the movie is hilarious, and the things that they turn out are colourful, look wonderful and I'm sure that they tasted really good because everyone eating it really loved it, but going from the screen to my kitchen and picking up a frying pan and a pot to cook dinner in, the first thought in my head was "crap. I really do hate this."

I feel that when it comes to cooking I need some kind of intervention. I mean I'm going to have to be cooking for the rest of my life and for any family that comes along later. I mean what if one day I am responsible for the tukey at Thanksgiving? Or the Christmas roast? Or the boush at Easter? (that last one is a Polish thing - though I don't think I spelt it right). I see ahead of me a very long line of cooking adventures/fiascos and I'm starting to think that I need more than Julie & Julia to help me survive.

2 comments:

  1. It should be about zucchini season over there, right? Try this recipe:
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Corn-and-Zucchini-Melody/Detail.aspx

    Easy, and it includes bacon. Everyone I've ever made it for loves it. You can use frozen corn. (I forget the name of the brand that I like. Green Giant, maybe? Peaches and Cream!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet. thanks so much for the recipe! Plus,in my opinion,you can never go wrong with bacon.

    ReplyDelete