Tuesday, June 23, 2009

four and a half

I realize that i haven't posted in a few days, and it's mostly because when I am sitting at the computer writing, i'm writing in Word, and i'm writing my story. I only have 4 and a half pages but I like what I do have. I'm really not sure how certain pieces are going to fit together, but so far, the piece of the story that I'm currently working on is coming together pretty decently I think.

I've been trying to write this story since about the eleventh grade, and it's funny because writing it again now - the story has changed, and my characters have morphed into something completely different. I think that it's really cool. I don't really know what they're going to do next. It's a slightly surreal experience.

All I know is that this time, this time, I'm going to keep writing it.

4 comments:

  1. When you realize how your writing changes as you get older, do you ever worry about your future self not liking what your present self is doing? I think about this all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's an excellent question.

    But I mean without my present self writing what I am my future self perhaps wouldn't be as good as it will be, or have the ideas that my present self has.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is an excellent Calvin and Hobbes about this. It involves time travelling.

    Also, I intend for my future self not to be a jerk about things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm sure you won't be a jerk Christian.

    ReplyDelete