Thursday, May 14, 2009

Bay of Islands

Today we were in the Bay of Islands which is in the North of NZ. Yesterday I was feeling sick and today it's now just a cough - that is slightly turning a bit nasty but I'm sure I'll get rid of it.
This morning we walked into town along the beach. It was beautiful. Our view from our hotel is beautiful too - sea, palm trees (yes palm trees) and little islands. It's crazy. We went shopping in town and then had some lunch and then we went on a tour of this town Kerikeri which is where the first Europeans settled. So we saw their houses. It was really cool.
Our guide was named Hewie and he's Mauri (which are the Natives of NZ) and he sang us some Mauri songs which was really cool.

Did I mention that NZ-ers drive on the other side of the road? Well they do. And everything is massive HILLS so it makes the driving experience interesting at 100 miles an hour.

We're just about to have dinner and I only have 4 minutes left of internet (20 mintues for 3 dollars at this hotel)

I also just wrote a bunch of postcards and am mailing them out so they should be coming to you guys soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment