Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The City of Sails

So this morning we got up and had breakfast at the hotel. We then did a bit of shopping and had lunch at Esquirers Coffee which is like Starbucks only NZ style. It was really good. I like sitting in coffee shops. Anyway, then we came back to the hotel and met up with the tour.
For the tour, other than my mum, everyone is at least 40 yrs older than me. With the tour we went on a tour of Auckland and saw all the yachts and rich areas of town. We saw the harbour and went to the fish market where one of the guy workers there lifted out a 3 kilo lobster from the tank so I could take a picture of it.
Then we went on a sailboat and toured the harbour. The skipper let me steer the boat for a while which was really cool. Then we had dinner and came back to the hotel. Tomorrow the tour is leaving at 8:30 am and we're going north.

2 comments: