Sunday, May 24, 2009

Some Random Town

ok, I honestly don't know how to spell the name of the town that I'm in at the moment. And this is going to be a short blog because I'm exhausted. So we woke up at 5 am this morning, had breakfast at 6 and left at 7. We then drove to Milford Sound which is a world heritage park and we stopped off at different little scenic sights along the way which were beautiful of course. And then we took a boa of the ford/fyord whatever you call it - land on either side, river/sea in the middle. Beautiful waterfalls, mountains, trees growing on mountains. Have you ever heard of a tree avalanche? I saw the remains of one today. It's when a tree or two on the mountain is too top heavy and because there isn't a lot of soil on a mountain it gives way and then takes out the rest of the trees near which take out trees near them etc etc. because they're all holding onto the mountain rather loosely.

After the boat, we drove back to the hotel (cause all of that took all day) and we're eating dinner in an hour. I am currently wearing 2 sweaters because NZ does not have central heating - including in this hotel and so our room as 1 space heater in it and the room is a suite and so it's bloody cold. It wasn't until this trip that I realized how much I love central heating.

Tomorrow we're going to Dunedin (DUN-E-DIN) for the night, and then Mt Cook, and then Christchurch which we fly out of the next day to Auckland and then Hawaii. I'm in NZ until Thursday (which is Wednesday for Canada people). And once I get to Hawaii and it's the same day again cause I'm going backwards in time so I relive May 28th.

2 comments:

  1. I hope to be going to Dunedin for school...

    ReplyDelete
  2. really? sweet!I'll let you know what the city looks like

    ReplyDelete