Sunday, May 10, 2009

Here in NZ

So we arrived in NZ at 7 am Sunday which is like 5 pm Saturday for Toronto people. It rained when we landed then cleared up and we saw a beautiful rainbow on the way to the hotel. Friends met up with us - Alison and Gary ( they're in law extended fam technically) and they took us out for lunch. Then we went to the winter gardens which are beautiful and got a tour of the city. We went to Gary's sister's(Elizabeth) place for tea and a chat after that.

We had to switch hotel rooms because the AC was on and no one could figure out how to turn it off. Turns out it was broken or something. So we got a new room. Right now in Toronto it's 1 am Sunday and it's like 5:30 Sunday here so we're going down to dinner soon. I'm really tired. And I keep feeling like I'm on the plane cause the room feels like it's going up and down.

Tomorrow we're going to Alison and Gary's house. They live an hour out of Auckland. Maybe I'll shear a sheep or milk a cow while I'm there.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, that up-and-down feeling can really screw you up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Previous word verification: flird. I think that it's how bird flirt.

    ReplyDelete