Thursday, May 7, 2009

the night before flight

So. It's the night before I go. Sleep? I don't know if it's going to come tonight. I'm getting a bit nervous and tense. I also have a headache but that's more because of family than trip nerves.

I just posted the opening scene for the new story that I'm writing. It's in it's rough draft at the moment.

The flight tomorrow leaves at 2 I think, and it's 5 hours and a bit to Vancouver. Then we have a 5 hour layover, and then it's 13 hours and a bit to New Zealand. Because New Zealand is 19 hours ahead we arrive on their Sunday which would be our Saturday. So I don't actually have a Saturday this week. And then when we come back I re-live a day.

Also I discovered today that it costs 60 cents to text message from New Zealand and it costs $3.50 per minute to receive calls and to have outgoing calls on my cell. So if you need me text me, or email me. I'm going to buy a calling card tomorrow.

I'm all packed. It really didn't take me long at all. I just have to put a couple of more things into my carry on and I'm good to go.

I will update this as much as I can, and I will probably send random one liner emails to people too. Ex: "OMG I'm on the plane." Or "We're about to board for New Zealand." Look for those ;)

3 comments:

  1. "OMG I'm on the plane"? Have you never been on a plane before?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recall who we're talking about, Jon.

    Have fun, Cait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been on a 4 seater plane but not a 747 jet lol.

    Thanks Christian :) I'll have fun I'm sure.

    HUG!

    ReplyDelete