Monday, May 4, 2009

the case of the over-packer

Today was my productive day. I did all the laundry in the house, I applied for jobs, I got some graduation details sorted out and I went shopping for some clothes that I need for the trip.

My mom and I are disputing about what to pack for the trip. She is an over-packer. I'm a slight over-packer I'll admit but in comparison to my mom it's like I told her I'm only taking a backpack or something for 3 weeks. I swear Thursday night she's going to sneak into my room and pack more clothes into my suitcase or something. (The flight is on Friday afternoon).

My plan is to only fill half of my suitcase so I have space to buy some things. Yeah it's an ambitious plan I realize but you never know maybe I could do it.

Tomorrow is more errands - the tailors, more shopping, and the post office...I have to remember that one.

My mom keeps walking in showing me different outfits that she's taking, and earlier she wanted me to look up all of the hotels to make sure that they had hair dryers in the rooms. I'm making her sound very girly and she isn't but she is funny when there's some deviation from her daily routine. She's making me laugh.

I've gotten basically everyone's address so when I'm in New Zealand I can send everyone postcards. I love getting mail, don't you?

And now for the rest of the night I think I'm going to watch the newest episode of Brothers and Sisters and then read maybe before I snuggle up in bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment