Monday, May 11, 2009

Farm Life

Today we went to Alison and Gary's farm. They have 160 acres of land. They were dairy farmers and they do have 110 cows but they lease their land now and make money that way. Just before we got to their house we saw a calf being born it was crazy. Gary went over to help and then the mother cow stood up and the calf was half in and half out of her. I'm not kidding. I also have pictures.

Nz-ers also speak like the English. I also saw pheasants, magpies, wild turkeys, deer, hawks, tons of other birds. Gary and Alison also have fruit trees: lemons limes oranges manderians peaches pears and some others.

I had venison for lunch (that's deer guys). Then we went on a drive along part of the country and hit the coast and saw a lighthouse. I lost feeling in one of my toes lol. This country is seriously ALL hills. All you do is go up and down up and down. But it's beautiful and so green. They also have so many different trees. It's also crazy windy here which makes it colder than I was expecting. We pick up the tour tomorrow and then the day after we leave Auckland and go to the north of the island which means it'll be warmer (the south is colder).

Sabrina is posting my blogs because my iPod touch doesn't let me use blogger for some reason so I can read it but I can't type anything on it so if I don't respond to your comments that's why.

No comments:

Post a Comment