Saturday, May 23, 2009

LOTR Site Tour

So this morning I went on an amazing 4 wheel drive tour of some of the
LOTR sites. It was completly awesome and the best thing that has
happened to me on this trip. I totally loved it. I had tea this
morning on the location where they shot of the scene of the 9
Ringwraiths on one side of the river and Arwen on the other when she
says to them about Frodo "if you want him come and claim him". I also
saw a mountain range where they shot a lot of stuff. The river that
the 9 paddle down in Elvish boats, the river where Aarogorn (yeah I
spelt that wrong, I'm too tired to think at the moment) before he
climbs onto his horse's back. I also saw the mountain where they
filmed the wargu (those hyenas on steroids) attack, and where Aargorn
falls off the cliff. I saw the path that Isludor travels down when
Gladerial is explaining the beginning of the movie as a voice over.

Since it was 4 wheel drive, we drove up a river and down a river. We
drove up crazy mountains paths with 200 foot drops on one side. It was
awesome.

My Nana was terrified for most of the trip but she kept up her own
sassy remarks and made everyone laugh while she had my mother's arm in
a death grip, and in general we all had a really good time. Our
driver's name was Niki.

When we got back, we relaxed in the hotel room for a bit, and then
walked around town and had some lunch. And now we're back at the hotel
and going to chill until dinner. Tomorrow we have to our bags packed
and ready to go at 6 am and we're leaving at 7.

Not including today we have 5 more days here and then we're on to Hawaii.

I'm having a good time but I'm tossing between whether the trip feels
really long or really shot - sometimes it's one and sometimes it the
other lol.

Some food that I'm dying to have though is: frosted flakes (the best
cereal in the world), jasmine tea and honey, subway or quizzinos,
mcdonalds (sadly lol) and perogies.

2 comments: