Thursday, May 21, 2009

Wanaka

So tonight we're in the town of Wanaka. It's cold-ish here. Frost on the ground. Temperature of 2 degrees this morning and did I mention I only have a spring coat? Apparently winter is coming early this year. Even the locals are surprised.

Today we drove through mountains which were completely majestic and snowy and everything that mountains are suppose to be. We also saw some rapids and rivers and a salmon farm too. Today was a very scenic day. It was absolutely beautiful. Everything just took your breath away.

Tomorrow we're going to go to Queenstown and were spending saturday there as well (which would be Friday for everyone in Ontario). I get to go to some of the LOTR sites then. I'm excited.

We only have 7 more days here and then it's off to Hawaii. It was funny today the porter came into our room to deliver some stuff and he stayed chatting to the three of us for a good ten minutes and my nana was in bed reading and so she's just chatting away to him asking where he's from and stuff (he asked us first which was how the convo started to begin with). There are so many ppl in this country who are not actually from nz it's funny.

Also I finished the book Velvet Elvis tonight. Such an awesome book. Totally blows your mind and gets you thinking. I liked it alot.

Hug!
Love from NZ.

No comments:

Post a Comment